6 Search Results for compostability
- OWS now also recognized by DIN CERTCO for home compostability and biobased testing Early June, OWS was granted an extended certificate covering now, besides industrial compostability, also home compostability and biobased testing
- Industrial Compostability After many years of development and intensive discussions in normalization committees, requirements for industrial compostability have become well established and have been firmly fixed in several norms. In all of the above norms, the same 4 essential requirements are specified: Biodegradation shows quantitatively the inherent characteristic of the material to be consumed by microorganisms and […]
- Home Compostability While the first norms on industrial compostability were already published at the turn of the century, it took 10 more years to create a norm on home compostability. Based on AS 4736, the Australian norm on industrial compostability, Australian Standards published in 2010 world’s first norm on home compostability: AS 5810. Nevertheless, several other certification […]
- Official opening new DRANCO plant in Leuven (Belgium) On Friday March 17, the intermunicipal environmental company EcoWerf in Leuven, Belgium, officially opened its new anaerobic digestion plant. Besides producing 20.000 tons of valuable compost from (source separated) biowaste every year, EcoWerf will start producing biogas from the same biowaste.
- Degradation in other environments In case the product’s intended disposal route does not include industrial or home composting, other conditions need to be selected, representative for the environment in which the product will need to degrade after being disposed of. In this context, different environments can be selected, including soil, fresh water, marine water, anaerobic digestion or landfill. OWS […]
- Lab & Consulting Services The Lab & Consulting department offers services in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing, consultancy and support in anaerobic digestion, auditing, controlling and sorting of different waste streams and sustainable development. This department is also involved in the further development of new Carbon Capture & Utilization technologies.
About DRANCO nv
DRANCO nv is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants and in organic waste management consultancy.